We’ve been playing “Agarra la Rana” to review vocabulary in our Spanish classes! Check out how to play and find the link to a free printable of Frog Points to use with your classes!
Agarra La Rana is a fun, go to Spanish class game that takes very little set up!
It’s a simple review game that we play to review vocabulary before a test or quiz. And it’s super easy!
We call it “Agarra la Rana” because I have a stuffed frog that we decided to use for the game. 🙂 You don’t have to use a stuffed frog- you could also use a bell (that’s what we used until I found a cute frog). If you have a favorite animal, substitute any other stuffed animal in and call it “Agarra el/la ____” instead!
I’ve created a free download for you, (found here in my TpT store) of frog “points” if you want to play & decide to stick with the frog theme.
Here’s what my classroom set up usually looks like:
The teacher sets up a table/desk in the front of the classroom with the stuffed animal. Have a designated desk where you place a “lily pad of frogs” (points) and two lakes (one for each team).
How to play:
- Split your class into 2 teams.
- Decide which student from each team will face off against each other (“Voluntarios o victimas” is what I like to say! ;).
- One person from each team comes to the front of the class to face off. The Rana is on a table at equal distance between each player.
- The teacher asks a question & the first player to grab the Rana AND give the correct answer wins a point for their team!
- The paper frogs represent points. The player that wins grabs a paper frog from the lily pad to hop into their team’s lake.
- At the end of the game, the teams count up the points to see which team won.
That’s it! It’s a quick, easy game to set up and is a fun way to review before a test or quiz!
Please let me know in the comments below if you decide to play this game with your students too!